Student Council Guest Writer: Jessica Bustillos

My name is Jessica Bustillos and it is my honor to be this year’s Student Body President. I look forward to getting to know all of you soon! This year has been interesting to say the least but in the true Terror spirit, we remain united and are finding strength in each other. This year our wonderful Secretary of Treasury, Jaylee Hepner, pushed with full force to have our annual Care and Share collection to happen which will help many food insecure families get food during these difficult times. We raised $800.00 (which correlates to 8000 pounds of food) and boxed up several cans of food to deliver to Care and Share.  We have also had our Secretary of Assemblies, Giles Lewis, worked tirelessly with Mia Pepper and the Terror TV team to hold a veteran’s day assembly to honor the brave people who have fought for this country. Giles, Anay Rodriguez, and Halle Gonzalez also attended several football games and sporting events to lead the crowds in school spirit.  All of Student Council has banded together to find ways to lift up the communities around us by spreading positivity and developing new ways to communicate with people around us. Secretary of Publicity, Jesus Urias, has done a phenomenal job of keeping the student body informed with the multiple social media pages he runs on behalf of Palmer Student Council. We were even able to host a spirit week at the start of this week to unite the student body and continue lifting up the terror spirit! Looking forward we hope to volunteer with Project Angel Heart, prepare holiday donations for families within our school needing help over the holidays and conduct Freshmen Council elections so that we can add new leaders from the freshman class to our team!  We will also Participate in the holiday “Letters to Santa” campaign with Make a Wish Colorado, in partnership with Macy’s.  Macy’s Department Store will donate $1 to Make a Wish for every letter received! Student Council meets twice a week to continue finding innovative ways to show leadership and service to our school and community. Ms. Kelly Cline is our Student Council sponsor, she and I send our warmest regards and are here to support the Palmer Community any way we can. Go Terrors!