Who’s Hungry?

Whos+Hungry%3F

Jaiden Flowers

As we know, high school is full of different experiences and can have opportunities that are specific to one campus. The one thing students enjoy and take advantage of the most at Palmer is the off-campus lunch.  As students start their first year at Palmer, being able to leave the campus for lunch to eat anywhere they want is what they look forward to most. With Palmer being located right downtown,  almost everything is within walking distance, there are so many different options to chose from depending on what you’re craving that day, that’s what makes lunch something Palmer students enjoy and take advantage of!

For instance, you may be in the mood for a burger. If this is what you’re craving, there are a number of places you can go to. Say you want more of the fast food taste, there’s Wendy’s and McDonald’s which are a few of the fast favorite spots among Palmer students. They are right down the street from Palmer and right across the street from each other. These are two of the most popular fast-food chains and students love the easy access they have to them. If fast food isn’t your craving for lunch, but you still want a burger, located on the other side of the school, is Skirted Heifer and Bingo Burger which are more quality options. These two restaurants are located right down Tejon and the combination of food and location makes this a great experience.

Another popular food among students is pizza. If this is what you want, you’re in luck. There happens to be a great variety of places to get pizza from in the area. The top choice around Palmer seems to be Louie’s as it is always crowded with students around lunch time. Besides the pizza, the cheesy bread is perhaps the most popular item that is ordered. Likewise, right across from the school, is Borriello Brothers which offers good affordable pizza. Sometimes, deals for students are offered and you won’t have to pay too much for your food. This is something students use to their advantage.

Also located downtown, are restaurants such as Azadas which offers a variety of Mexican food, Chipotle which is a favorite among many people, and Einstein’s Bagels which is a nice place to grab some light food if you’re not too hungry and gives you a calm spot to relax during your lunch break.

Lunch is always one of the best (if not the best) periods during a school day.  Palmer’s location, paired with the variety of places to eat, make for an even better time. So, if you’re new or not aware of all the places you can eat, these are a few of the many great options. With that being said try them out and be mindful that you have 44 minutes to enjoy!