Upcoming Events

Lever

The Student News Site of Palmer High School

Lever

Lever

Pikes Peak Rangerettes: Serving the Community

Horseback riding is frequently seen as the easiest sport, as you ‘just sit there.’ Controlling a 1200-pound animal is difficult, but putting 20 of them together is even more intense. Galloping at full speed through a full arena, the adrenaline rush, crowd roaring, and lights flashing. The Pikes Peak Rangerette Drill Team is a high-speed precision drill team on horseback, that focuses on promoting the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo. Not only do they perform at rodeos all over the state, but they also make appearances and volunteer at numerous events around the city. Being a Pikes Peak Rangerette is more than performances, it is serving the community.  

Arin McCleary, second year member of the Pikes Peak Rangerettes, says, “I think the Rangerettes serve their community, but it is more than that. I think it is about creating friendships through a common passion, it is about supporting military families, as well as giving back to the community.” The profits from the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo go to support our local military families, as the Rangerettes are supporting the rodeo at numerous local events in the community. 

The Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo happens in July, but as Rangerettes, we have frequent practices, small rodeos and events leading up to Pikes Peak or Bust. As Rangerettes, we not only ride in rodeos, but we appear all over the city at public events, meeting amazing people and having one-of-a-kind experiences with our community.  

Ella Greene, a first-year member, thinks that “The Rangerettes promote the western way of life, rodeos, businesses, and we inspire little kids.” As one of the “inspired” little kids, the Rangerettes are role models, and a great representation of the Western Way. 

Amelia Tilden, 2022 Rangerettes Captain, says, “It is a community service organization promoting the PPOB rodeo, giving back to the military families in the Pikes Peak region, and giving girls a place to share their passion.”