Upcoming Events

Lever

The Student News Site of Palmer High School

Lever

Lever

Snow Fun

Colorado brings a beautiful amount of snow to the floor, whether we like it or not. It is gorgeous, the snow glistens and gleams in the sun, and its beauty is breathtaking. While some think that snow is dangerous and not pleasing, there are many things you can do with it.  

Siblings might have fun building snowmen, but first bundle up! You can take any sized ball of snow and stack three.  Then accessorize to your liking! You could go sledding, or skiing and hit the slopes! Build a snow or ice castle pack some walls together for a safe place from snowballs. Have a snowball fight! Kids love snowballs, show them how to make them and set up some targets, let them have some practice in throwing. When you are out shoveling the driveway or sidewalk, let them take the lead, or help. They could make their own snow maze. They could stomp through the snow and create diverse types of footprints. They can also look at animal footprints and try to figure out what type of animal it was. Rabbit? Deer? Squirrel? Go discover what is in your backyard! Another fun idea is to paint the snow. Let them run off into their imagination, be creative, and make it colorful! After fresh snowfall make a snow angel, make a whole family! Catch snowflakes on your tounge or look at one, each and every snowflake is different. Go ice skating or take a winter hike. Take a deep breath of the fresh smell of pine. Admire the beauty of snow and savor it. 

Once you get inside have hot chocolate garnished with peppermint. marshmallow, and whipped cream. Bake some cookies and give out to neighbors and friends. Make snow cream, or eggnog as a sweet treat. Cozy up next to the fireplace and watch the snow fall, light your favorite candle, and relax. You could relax by reading a book, enjoying a shower or bath, and donating to charity. After relaxing, try doing some crafts with kids, or siblings. For example, cut out paper snowflakes, build a pillow fort, collect pinecones, or learn how to knit hats, scarves, or mittens. 

There are many different activities to do with the snow and during the holidays. Let your siblings enjoy the winter wonderland outside, and appreciate the beautiful memories created with your loved ones. Take in the smell of pines and fresh baked cookies. The holidays are meant to be enjoyed and the weather is a major part of that. Dive into the new year. Set goals and do the most to try and achieve them. Happy holidays! 

View Comments (1)
About the Contributor
Michelle Kappelmann
Michelle Kappelmann, Staff Writer
Michelle was a web leader at Galileo middle school. This is her first year at Palmer. She is a freshman. She really likes to do makeup and is very good at it. “You do not find the happy life you make it” - Camilla Eyring Kimball. This quote inspires her because she believes you can make the happy life by following your dreams and believing in yourself. She likes to write because she can use her imagination and her social skills by interviewing peers. She deals with procrastination. She likes to relax by listening to music and watching tv. 

Comments (1)

All Lever Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• A

Auhndre SalinasJan 25, 2024 at 9:03 am

I personally love snow but Colorado’s weather cannot figure out what it wants to do and I go to the pool just for it the start snowing in the summer :'(

Reply