Upcoming Events

Lever

The Student News Site of Palmer High School

Lever

Lever

People Not Knowing What To Do After Highschool

It’s your senior year of high school, you come to find yourself confused as to what your priorities are and where your life is going to end up. This is an ongoing problem with seniors across the globe, not knowing what career or path they want to take in their life and then they end up getting stuck and don’t know what to do. Speaking to some seniors, what I’ve been told is that by the time they get to their senior year they’ve had a taste of living life as an adult but it’s still no doubt scary. I was told by some that they want to apply to joining the military. They mentioned having good grades, being able to work under pressure, etc, but just not knowing what they want to do. So for those individuals, the military seems to be the route. A majority of who I spoke with gave me the average “college probably” answer. None of which seemed to sure of their answers and couldn’t give me a direct career. Clearly, a portion of seniors don’t know what they want to do with their careers. As mentioned earlier, this is an on going problem around the globe. I also questioned the reason as to why they didn’t really know why they didn’t know what to do with their careers. I got a mix of answers, one being “Well, it’s not that I don’t have a career to choose from. It’s that I have too many that I want to do so it makes choosing difficult.” Another one I got was “I don’t know what I would end up doing while being able to maintain a happy life. Getting stuck in a cycled life is something I don’t want to end up in.” Getting confused is often normal in life and everybody gets a stuck point where they’re like “I don’t know what to do anymore”. Narrow down the list, find what meets your priorities, schedule, etc. Don’t just choose a career that will lead you to an unhappy lifestyle. There is multiple military programs and college programs that offer career help and you can often find a happy career for yourself through that. All in all, there are a lot of people who don’t know what they want to do with their lives but there are things you can do to get help. Through the help of many programs, reaching out to family, teachers, counselors, etc.