Upcoming Events

Lever

The Student News Site of Palmer High School

Lever

Lever

All about Ms. Choi

Kiley Long
Kiley with her favorite teacher Ms. Choi. Taken in the hallway in front of Ms. Choi’s class.

To me Ms. Choi is the best, most reliable teacher I have ever met. Ms. Choi taught me so many things I didn’t know I’d still be using till this day. I had her class my junior year and since then I have wanted a class with her as my teacher. She taught me a lot about not only economics but about skills I’ll need in the real world as well. She has always been a safe person I can talk to about anything without any judgement. Ms. Choi has been there through everything with me, whether it be something I’m having problems with or something I am excited about.  

Everybody loves Ms. Choi the seniors from last year adored Ms. Choi and the seniors this year love her too. She is a charismatic teacher as well as a passionate person. But just like everyone she does have her bad days. You know the days when nobody wants to listen or even just the days when you’re tired? Yeah Ms. Choi has those too, but she never lets it impact her teaching.  Not only does she teach economics she teaches AVID as well. Now I asked Ms. Choi why she wanted to be a teacher and she said becoming a teacher wasn’t her first choice because she wanted to be a counselor. However, in some states you have to become a teacher to become a school counselor. Ms. Choi went to college for psychology. I feel like this has a major impact on how she teaches. 

With being Ms. Choi’s teaching assistant I have the privilege to see all her teaching styles. Ms. Choi likes to give rewards to her students. She’ll bring donuts, candies, and many other treats. She has a special love for her students and does everything she can to see them succeed. She has an exceedingly kind and gentle way of teaching. It all depends on the student; everyone learns at a different pace than others but in Ms. Choi’s class she adapts to each student. Although it may seem like her class moves fast it really doesn’t, Ms. Choi moves at the perfect pace that makes sure you’ll succeed. 

To Ms. Choi, you will be missed. I am so glad to have a teacher like you in my life. I hope you will hold a special place with all the future students you may have. You have truly impacted my life and saw me become who I am today. As much as I would love to be your teaching assistant for years to come, I will always be here to organize anything you need!