Upcoming Events

Lever

The Student News Site of Palmer High School

Lever

Lever

Tearing Palmer Down?

Tearing Palmer Down?

There are many rumors going around Palmer that our beloved school is getting torn down. The reasons behind this are because of our schools Hvac systems not being particularly good. Some teachers at Palmer say it would cost more money to redo all our heating and plumbing so at that point they just need to rebuild Palmer. In my experience palmers heating and cooling is not the best, during the summers when it gets hot in the building the heating comes on in our class which makes it even hotter. Also, during the winter, the ac or freezing air will start coming out of the vents. The school resorted to using swamp coolers. They help in cooling down the class when it is hot inside Palmer High School, but it makes the room more humid which makes us students sweat more. But students at Palmer know when it’s cold outside to wear jackets even when in the classroom because of how cold it can really get. When asked if she thinks our heating and cooling system in palmer is good, she said “of course not” this shows it is not only the students who think this. Another student Kiley Long said that “the only time it ever feels warm is walking into the business office from the courtyard. But I must give our building the benefit of doubt we have had the same building since 1940. That means we have had the same building for the last 84 years. The student council is holding a meeting during lunch and after school today to discuss what is going to happen with Palmer. In my opinion I feel as it would be way more expensive to tear down palmer and rebuild it than to just Replace all the little things, but at the same time all the little things can really add up especially with plumbing heating and cooling companies with not only the parts but the labor as well. Having to install all new systems around the entire school would cost a lot of money