Upcoming Events

Lever

The Student News Site of Palmer High School

Lever

Lever

Finding the right path.

A young man, by the name of Drake, went on an adventure to seek what he desires most. 

He stumbled across a gate with a guardian, passed this gate, there are more guardians whose goals are to prevent you from reaching your goal. 

Okay,” said Drake, and through the first gate he went. He soon came across the first gate, a guardian asked him, ‘you may pass through this gate, or accept my offer of wealth and turn back.’ “No thanks,” said Drake, and he passed through the second gate 

He approached the second gate, ‘You can pass through this gate or turn back and accept my offer of fame’ Once again, the man declined and continued past the gate 

At the third gate, another encounter, ‘I offer you the chance to find true love, all you have to do is turn back,’ the man again, declined the offer and continued past the gate. 

After a bit of walking, the young man came across the guardian from the beginning who gave him the warning, ‘Congratulations, you passed all 3 gates blocking your path to success, here is your reward,’ he then handed Drake a fortune fit for a god, a wedding ring with an irresistible diamond, a deed to a business of his choice, and a scroll containing a passage stating, ‘Loyalty to one objective is the key to unlocking all of your greatest wishes.’