Upcoming Events

Lever

The Student News Site of Palmer High School

Lever

Lever

Valentine’s Day: A day to love not to learn

Valentines Day: A day to love not to learn

Alright, February brings an incredibly special holiday to people who found love, elementary schools basically promote relationships among younger students and have them experience a new friendship with a random student chosen from a paper in a bucket/hat (If you know, you know). Middle school was the time for trial and error where rumors pushed people to admit the truth and move away from the secrets. High school, however, is the place where true unbroken bonds are formed, and love is found amongst people, a lot of people experience different forms of the term, whether it may be; Love-love, like-love, like-like, true love, lust (don’t question it), and fake love, whatever terminology is being used. 

This event occurs on February 14th every year. The name of such a holiday comes from the Latin word Valens, meaning strong and healthy. Valentine’s day is a time where lovebirds get to fly free and express themselves, a time when people come together and strengthen their bond. Love is a commitment to one another and building a powerful trust amongst the both of you. Valentine’s day shouldn’t be celebrated by learning a quadratic formula or finding out what the ingredients are to make a protein molecule. It’s to be celebrated by being around family, friends, loved ones, especially loved ones. Valentine’s Day is the one day that lovers get to themselves as a holiday and not just an occasional meetup, even some teachers want to stay home with their families. V-Day is such a special day for so many people, but all this learning is just messing it up, causing stress, the one the no one wants or needs on a day like Valentine’s Day. School should not be intervening with such an important event.